+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
LOW-PROFILE CABLE DESIGN SAVES WEIGHT ON AIRCRAFT.
Data Sheets, 701.04 KB
W. L. Gore & Associates offers 100-ohm controlled impedance cables that balance rugged designs with light, slim constructions necessary for optimal performance. They’re ideal for most wire and cable harness applications thanks to their construction that withstands challenging installation and environmental factors.
EXCELLENT SIGNAL INTEGRITY
During missions, aviation cables must transfer critical data at the highest speeds and maintain stable communications on airborne digital networks. Otherwise, the entire mission and safety of aircrews can be at risk. Cables must also balance ruggedness with smaller, lighter designs to fit in space-restricted areas and keep aircraft weight down.
Inside GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables, low-voltage differential signals (LVDS) maintain excellent signal integrity with controlled impedance, providing data transmission speeds up to 1 GHz. Regardless of the conditions inside or outside the aircraft, pilots and other flight personnel can always count on our cables’ reliable performance. That’s because the combination of durable materials in their construction allows for a higher tolerance against mechanical stresses and environmental factors, like constant in-flight vibration and rapid changes in temperatures during takeoff and landing.
BIG WEIGHT SAVINGS
We build our shielded twisted pair cables in a low-profile design that’s 30% smaller, reducing their weight by as much as 50% compared to standard oval cables. If you compare our design side by side with alternative round designs, you’ll see that our cable is drastically smaller. Plus, our cables work well in aerospace wire and cable harness applications because of their flexibility and easy routability in hard-to-reach places of airframes.
When you want a durable, lightweight, high data rate solution with total reliability during every mission, look no further than GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for defense aircraft.
Durable package of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS AIRCRAFT APPLICATIONS
With trustworthy high-speed data transmission, GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are well-suited for aerospace wire and cable harness applications, like:
- avionics digital networks
- cabin management systems
- digital video systems
- Ethernet backbone
- LVDS devices
- serial buses
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with differential Twinax sizes 8 and 22D contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative.
Features & Benefits
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
- low-profile configuration with smaller diameters
- high flexibility and tighter bend radius
Our cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- reliable LVDS maintain excellent signal integrity with controlled impedance at 100 ohms
- unfailing data transmission at speeds up to 1 GHz
- durable construction tolerates harsh conditions, like temps, cut-through, vibration, more
- reduced diameter size by 30% and weight by as much as 50% than standard oval cables
- greater flexibility and routability for easier, faster installation
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for defense aircraft. For other impedance options, contact a Gore representative.
|Transmission Speed GHz||Up to 1|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||<15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||42.6 (13.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper/SPC Alloy|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight, minimum bend radii and insertion loss values.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- RoHS and REACH Information (See data sheet or catalog)
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE SHIELDED TWISTED PAIR CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Smaller, lighter and stronger than alternative designs, Gore’s controlled-impedance cables prove reliable in transmitting high speed data. Confirm the quality of our cables and their compatibility in your military application by ordering our selected prequalified samples shipped within 48 hours. For more information or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today. When you’re ready to order, connect with one of our authorized distributors for in-stock availability.
The European Aviation Network Selects GORE® Microwave Sealed Airframe Assemblies for Durable and Reliable Signal Performance
Veröffentlicht: 6. Mai 2017
Gore is pleased to announce that starting this summer, GORE® Microwave Sealed Airframe Assemblies will be used to improve Wi-Fi internet access on European short-haul flights.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft
- USB Cables for Defense Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Defense Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
- High Performance Aerospace Wires for Defense Aircraft
- MIL-STD-1760 Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Defense Aircraft