Gore’s solutions are tested and qualified to meet rigorous industry standards across various military and civil aircraft applications. GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 200 Series, are supplied as a rolled good on a carrier film, with the film to be removed at the time of use. They are defined as the following:
- An article in the United States per OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.1200(b)(6)(v) during normal intended use
- Described in EC Regulation 1907/2006/EC
- A “manufactured item” under Canadian CEPA regulations
As a result, a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) or Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is not required when using GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 200 Series. Further, they do not contain any of the REACH Regulation (EU/1907/2006) Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) at concentrations above 0.1% (w/w) as published by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
Manufactured with non-hazardous materials, GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 200 Series (with adhesive or no adhesive), are safe for use without wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and can be discarded without special waste handling practices. However, if burning, grinding or elevated temperature processes are used to cut or remove the materials, or if the materials are involved in a fire, the formation of hazardous decomposition byproducts may result, such as:
- Carbon dioxide
- Carbonyl fluoride
- Carbon monoxide
- Hydrogen fluoride
- Silicon oxides
- Traces of incompletely burned carbon products
Recommended Standard Practices
Before installing or repairing GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 200 Series, follow Gore’s standard practices, which will help reduce exposure to decomposition byproducts. You should start by visiting our website and downloading step-by-step instructions and/or watching instructional videos. Protect the materials from fire at all times, and also be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Do not heat the materials with adhesive over 149°C (300°F) or non-adhesive materials over 260°C (500°F).
- Note: Temperature is dependent on the adhesive specified.
- Do not burn, grind, use high-temperature cutting or melt the materials without PPE and effective local exhaust ventilation.
- Protect the materials from fire, but In the event of a fire, use full PPE, including a self-contained breathing apparatus to avoid developing the symptoms of polymer fume fever. Wear neoprene gloves when handling refuse from the fire, and remember that because hydrogen fluoride fumes can react with water, hydrofluoric acid may form.
- To discard the materials, follow local, state, national and/or international requirements.
Learn More about GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 200 Series (with Adhesive or No Adhesive)
GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 200 Series are available in a variety of material sets, forms and sizes. For more information, download the datasheet, installation guides and instructions at www.gore.com/skyflex. Or, get in touch with our team to discuss your unique specifications and needs.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.