Tested and qualified, GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 1600 Series (with adhesive), are supplied as a rolled good on a carrier film, and the carrier film should be removed at the point of use. They don’t contain REACH Regulation (EU/1907/2006) Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) at concentrations above 0.1% (w/w) as published by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). In fact, they don’t require a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) or Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) because they are defined as the following:
- An article in the United States per OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.1200(b)(6)(v) during normal intended use
- Described in EC Regulation 1907/2006/EC
- A “manufactured item” under Canadian CEPA regulations
Made of non-hazardous materials, GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 1600 Series (with adhesive), can be safely handled without the use of personal protective equipment and discarded without special waste handling procedures. However, if any GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 1600 Series (with adhesive), are cut or removed using burning, grinding or elevated temperature processes, or if they are involved in a fire, hazardous decomposition byproducts may form, including:
- Traces of incompletely burned carbon products
- Hydrogen and hydrogen fluoride
- Carbon dioxide and monoxide
- Carbonyl fluoride
Recommended Standard Practices
Reduce exposure to decomposition byproducts by following Gore’s standard practices for installing or repairing GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 1600 Series (with adhesive), which are:
- Download detailed instructions or instructional videos from our website.
- Though the temperature is dependent on the adhesive specified, do not heat the materials over 120°C (248°F).
- Do not burn, grind, melt or utilize high-temperature cutting without proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and effective local exhaust ventilation.
- Protect materials from the risk of fire.
- In the event of a fire, follow these steps:
- Use full PPE. This should include a self-contained breathing apparatus, which can help you avoid developing symptoms of polymer fume fever.
- To handle refuse from a fire, wear neoprene gloves.
- Remember that hydrogen fluoride fumes emitted during a fire may react with water and form hydrofluoric acid, so use special care.
- Dispose of the materials according to local, state, national and/or international regulations.
Learn More about GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 1600 Series (with Adhesive)
To learn more about GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Materials, including GORE SKYFLEX Aerospace Tapes, 1600 Series (with adhesive), go to www.gore.com/skyflex and download the data sheet, installation guide and instructional video. Or, contact the Gore team to discuss the specific needs for your application.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.