+1 800 626 7708
ACCESS DIGITAL CONTENT AND CHARGE DEVICES IN A SPLIT SECOND.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
Data Sheets, 458.24 KB
To keep critical systems functioning at all times, W. L. Gore & Associates offers sturdy cable bundles that deliver non-stop signals ensuring high-volume data and video are uploaded and downloaded instantly. They also support the latest power management systems and quickly charge portable devices.
NON-STOP SIGNAL TRANSFER
The success of any mission depends greatly on aircrews receiving critical information immediately without any signal or data glitches. They also need to charge their portable devices as fast as possible without interruptions.
Available in 2.0 and 3.1 versions, GORE USB Cables offer nonstop signal transmission up to 10 Gb without failure. They make sure high volumes of data and video are uploaded and downloaded instantly on avionics, so aircrews get real-time Intel.
Each aircraft USB cable also supports the latest power management systems so military personnel can charge their carry-on devices quickly and easily without delay.
Airborne environments can be extremely challenging for power and data cables, exposing them and sensitive avionics to brutal conditions. So for added protection, we manufacturer our RF shielded USB cable bundles with engineered fluoropolymer materials proven to deliver a lifetime of service. They can easily tolerate the most harmful conditions, like extreme temperatures, abrasion, chemicals and more.
What’s more, our unique materials are lighter weight than alternatives, so they won’t add unwanted weight to aircraft when you connect our military USB cable bundles to avionics.
You can trust that sturdy, lightweight GORE USB Cables for defense aircraft will perform without failure and last long after the alternatives have surrendered to the environment.
Sturdy, lightweight construction of GORE USB Cables.
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS AIRCRAFT APPLICATIONS
GORE USB Cables deliver trustworthy results in a variety of high power and high data rate transmission applications, like:
- content loading
- data transfer
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- portable electronic devices
- power remote devices
Our Mil-Spec USB cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed aerospace connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE USB Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
- lightweight cable bundle construction
Our cable bundles provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- meet 2.0 and 3.1 high data rate protocol requirements
- nonstop signals for high speed data transmission up to 10 Gb
- instant high-volume content uploads/downloads to receive real-time Intel
- charge carry-on devices quickly and easily without delays
- lifetime protection against brutal aircraft conditions, like extreme temps
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cable bundles, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE USB Cables for defense aircraft.
|Transmission Speed Gb||Up to 10|
|Standard Impedance Ohms
90 ± 5
90 ± 10
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.07 (1.24)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)|
|Maximum Skew Within Paira ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
a Shielded twisted pairs only.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Yellow/White, Orange/White, Violet/White
Low-Speed Pair: Green/White
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
We invite you to download drawings of our USB cable construction to view characteristics like diameter sizes, weight, insertion loss values and use lengths.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN8800-22D-22P-H||Data Pair: 22 (19/34)
Power Pair: 22 (19/34)
|RCN8800-24D-22P-H||Data Pair: 24 (19/36)
Power Pair: 22 (19/34)
|RCN8800-26D-24P-H||Data Pair: 26 (19/38)
Power Pair: 24 (19/36)
|GSC-03-84761-24D||Data Pair: 26 (19/38)
Power Pair: 24 (19/36)
GORE USB Cables for Defense Aircraft have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- CS/FAR Part 25, Section 25.853, Appendix F, Part I (b)(7): Flammability
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cable bundles, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE USB CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Gore’s military-grade USB cable bundles for 2.0 and 3.1 protocols offer the power, speed, sturdiness and reliability necessary for critical avionics and portable devices. Get a sample of our tested, pre-qualified cable bundles shipped within 48 hours to evaluate in your application. You can also browse the sample library of our other high data rate solutions for evaluation.
The European Aviation Network Selects GORE® Microwave Sealed Airframe Assemblies for Durable and Reliable Signal Performance
Veröffentlicht: 6. Mai 2017
Gore is pleased to announce that starting this summer, GORE® Microwave Sealed Airframe Assemblies will be used to improve Wi-Fi internet access on European short-haul flights.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Defense Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
- High Performance Aerospace Wires for Defense Aircraft
- MIL-STD-1760 Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Defense Aircraft