+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Ideally suited for digital cockpit systems and displays.
Data Sheets, 1.65 MB
A premier solution for copper-based IEEE 1394b FireWire data links, W. L. Gore & Associates offers quadrax cables for defense and commercial aircraft. They withstand extreme conditions without damage over system life, transmitting high-fidelity signals and uninterrupted data with flexure at S400 data rates.
SIGNAL INTEGRITY WITH FLEXURE
Continuous improvements in avionics keep driving the military to update aircraft with cables that can transmit more data faster on digital networks. These aviation cables must also survive the most difficult conditions without breaking or failing, whether it’s constant flexing during installation or severe vibration during flight.
Gore offers a premier quadrax version for copper-based IEEE 1394b FireWire data links. GORE FireWire Cables are proven to transmit uninterrupted high-fidelity signals for interconnect solutions up to 30 m (100 ft.) at S400 data transfer rates in all aircraft environments.
Using a diamond-shaped eye mask test with minimum receiver sensitivity specified by IEEE 1394b, we evaluated the signal integrity of our cable before and during flexure. As expected, it passed the eye mark with plenty of margin, showing that greater transmission length is possible. Even after we wrapped it around a mandrel 20 times, our cable still maintained reliable signal integrity.
During routing, aircraft maintainers can easily flex and tightly bend our cables in complex, tight systems without worrying about damage, failure or replacement costs.
LIGHTWEIGHT BUT DURABLE
This innovative quadrax design that we originally invented is about 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions. On average, GORE FireWire Cables are proven to save as much as 5.2 kg (11.5 lb.) per aircraft, delivering weight savings hard to achieve with alternative designs.
Even though these cables are smaller in scale, they still provide a protective barrier against tough maintenance and flight conditions thanks to our engineered fluoropolymers that add strength and a double-braided shield that safeguards wires.
Use reliable GORE FireWire Cables in your aircraft rather than wasting time and money replacing other cables that don’t perform as expected.
Durable, highly flexible materials of GORE FireWire Cables
FireWire is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS AIRCRAFT APPLICATIONS
The reliable signal integrity with flexure at higher data rates make GORE FireWire Cables the premier copper-based IEEE 1394b solution for a variety of applications, like:
- avionics digital networks
- flight control
- networked video systems
- mission systems
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high speed aerospace and defense connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 and 22D contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE FireWire Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- original inventor of innovative quadrax design
- smaller, lighter weight, highly flexible cable construction
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
Our cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- premier solution for copper-based IEEE 1394b FireWire data links
- proven high fidelity signals with flexure up to 30 m (100 ft.) at S400 data transfer rates
- protective barrier against complex installation and harsh mission conditions
- small-scale design around 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions
- lightweight design saves more than 5.2 kg (11.5 lb.) of weight per aircraft
- easy routing in tight systems from greater flexibility and small bend radius
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE FireWire for defense aircraft.
|Data Transmission Speed MB/s||400|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||110 +6/-4|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft) (26 AWG)||36.1 (11.0)|
|Typical Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||3.5 (1.1)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper/SPC Alloy|
|Conductor Color Coding||Blue/Orange, Green/Red|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight and attenuation values.
GORE FireWire Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers' requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part : Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- IEEE 1394b; SAE AS5643™: High-Speed Serial Bus Interface Requirements
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- SAE AS6070™/8: High-Speed Data Protocol Cable Requirements
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE FIREWIRE CABLES OR ORDER NOW
With proven flexibility and reliability transferring S400 data rates, GORE FireWire Cables are available for purchase through Gore’s trusted distributors. To learn more or to discuss your exact application, contact a Gore representative today. You can also request tested, prequalified complimentary samples, which will arrive within 48 hours of your request to confirm the quality of our product in your application.
The European Aviation Network Selects GORE® Microwave Sealed Airframe Assemblies for Durable and Reliable Signal Performance
Veröffentlicht: 6. Mai 2017
Gore is pleased to announce that starting this summer, GORE® Microwave Sealed Airframe Assemblies will be used to improve Wi-Fi internet access on European short-haul flights.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft
- USB Cables for Defense Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Defense Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
- High Performance Aerospace Wires for Defense Aircraft
- MIL-STD-1760 Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Defense Aircraft