+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
VIEW CLEAR, INSTANT VIDEO ON HD COCKPIT & WORKSTATION DISPLAYS.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
Data Sheets, 1.18 MB
From cockpit and vehicle displays to IFE, high-resolution video is key for optimal viewing. W. L. Gore & Associates builds strong single-link cables for the digital component of DVI systems. They’re ideal for standard harness configurations operating in demanding EMI environments.
Optimal Viewing On Displays
Engineers have often told us that it’s challenging designing aircraft harnesses with digital components in DVI (digital video interface) systems that can reliably stand up to demanding radar environments.
Gore offers a single-link cable solution designed specifically for the digital component of DVI systems that the military can always trust and rely on during missions.
GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) are proven to deliver exceptional signal quality and high data rate video transmission in demanding EMI (electromagnetic interference) environments. They also support the highest video resolution for optimal viewing on aircraft cockpit and workstation displays. Unlike many substitutes, they meet rigorous military aerospace standards for impedance control, insertion loss, skew and EMI shielding necessary for stable performance in DVI systems.
Easy Fit into Standard Harness Designs
Standard harness cross-section with GORE DVI Cables
Our single-link cables make it easier for design engineers to use them in standard DVI harnesses. They’re smaller, lighter and more flexible without sacrificing durability compared to substitutes. They fit easily into a harness cross-section with other components without getting damaged or breaking, saving you time and money on cable replacements.
Choosing GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) means you no longer have to worry about designing harnesses with digital components that are inadequate for radar environments.
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS AIRCRAFT APPLICATIONS
Designed specifically for standard harnesses with digital components, GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) provide satisfactory results in airborne applications, like:
- aircrew workstation displays
- cockpit displays
- flight management systems
- weather mapping
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed aerospace connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- single-link configuration specifically built for digital component of DVI systems
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant, EMI shielding materials
- lightweight, flexible construction with smaller diameters
Our cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- exceptional signal quality for high speed video transfer
- support highest video resolution for optimal viewing on displays
- meet requirements for impedance control, insertion loss, skew, EMI shielding
- robust protection and stable performance in demanding radar environments
- easy fit into standard DVI harnesses with small, lightweight, flexible construction
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- versatile design allows for responsible termination with connector systems
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) for defense aircraft.
|Standard Impedance Ohms||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||<15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.07 (1.24)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||40.0 (12.0)|
|Maximum Skew ps/m (ps/ft)
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Sliver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue/White, Brown/White, Green/White, Orange/White|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
We invite you to download our drawing to view cable characteristics, like diameter size, weight, shielding effectiveness and insertion loss values.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Aircraft have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE DVI CABLES OR ORDER NOW
To learn more or discuss your specific application needs for defense aircraft, contact a Gore representative today. If you’re ready to place an order for our digital-only DVI cables, connect with a distributor now.
Also, check out our complimentary sample inventory for this product and other high data rate cables, which are shipped within 48 hours for prototyping and evaluation in your application.
The European Aviation Network Selects GORE® Microwave Sealed Airframe Assemblies for Durable and Reliable Signal Performance
Veröffentlicht: 6. Mai 2017
Gore is pleased to announce that starting this summer, GORE® Microwave Sealed Airframe Assemblies will be used to improve Wi-Fi internet access on European short-haul flights.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft
- USB Cables for Defense Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
- High Performance Aerospace Wires for Defense Aircraft
- MIL-STD-1760 Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Defense Aircraft